Monday, February 7, 2011

365 Day #1

Full Circle of a Daydream

A bird lands on a tree outside my office window
Turning, turning, trying to find the last berry on the tree
I wonder if there are babies in a nest somewhere
Chirping and bobbing up and down, mouths never closing
I want to yell through the window at the bird
"It's there, on the branch below you. Turn around!"
But I know the sound would only scare it away
If only I were Snow White, or better yet Aurora
Although I'd like to skip the part when she's asleep
A castle, a prince, beautiful face and voice
I'd sing all day long if I sounded like her
Dancing with the animals through the forest
Skipping and twirling, not a care in the world
Not worrying about the witch because she's dead
Dead like those poor baby birds will be
If they aren't fed soon, chirping and bobbing
Mama bird's just sitting there on the branch
Is that a frown on her beak, a tear in her eye
In frustration and despair I stand up
The movement alarms her and she flies away
The lone berry waves at me in the wind
Ring, ring... break's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be honest, but try not to hurt my feelings, mmkay? ;)